Saturday, May 30, 2009

A princess only desrves the best..right?!

OK.. I thought I would do a detailed post describing how I am redoing Anna Claire's room!







First I am painting it like this... apple green walls and light light pink walls. We have to work with her ugly purple carpets that the previous owner put down. We will eventually get hardwood. She has always had the same color light blonde wall color because nothing else goes with the ugly purple. If you paint the room plain pink it just looks cheap to me with the purple carpets... we are going for shabby chic..not barbie dream house. We will paint the ceilings the pink also. It has a nice scallop where pink meets green and it softens it up so nicely. I also love the little green polka dot border! Here are the walls in all their glory off of one of my favorite blogs .. http://www.itsthelittlethingsthatmakeahouseahome.blogspot..com/atmakeahouseahome.blogspot..com/

you can click to enlarge I believe...
















Next I bought a vinyl wall art to go above her bed ( I know I paint murals but I don't have time to do this tedious of a job) Reminder: this is on purple transfer paper. The transfer is actually white. I fell in love and it was on clearance for $11.00!!!!!! It is really big also. I expected it to be smaller but it will go above her iron headboard..so excited!








Next.. I have won two little birdies in blogland that will hopefully arrive soon! I picked two birds in white and will have them "perched" on top of Anna Claire's window sill just below the ceiling!










Sorry I didn't have a picture of just the bird..but the pink bird in the middle is the one I was talking about and I have ordered them in white.






I also plan to make a branch with birds coming off to the left side of the window like this...





I think I will make him all white also! I am debating whether to pain a dandelion of the big empty wall in her room..I might just order it though. I know this sounds like a lot of "vinyling" and painting but I think this will be just the right amount.. I want opinions on this dandelion..... I am not sure about this..



With her iron bed, white furniture, old birdcages, shabby artwork, etc I think this room will be a hit! i sure hope so anyway.. it will take lots of precious time and hard work..but a Princess only deserves the best.. right?


3 comments:

Karla said...

Hi Allie - send me your email address and I'll let you know how I did her scallops! :)
Karla.Swoveland(at)Gmail(dot)com

~Karla @ It's The Little Things...

Karla said...

I love, LOVE the dandelion! The little birdies are adorable too! :)

Ok, really, I can't wait to see the finished room now! I'm sure it is going to be beautiful!

~Karla @ It's The Little Things...

Angie said...

Her room is going to be adorable!