Tuesday, April 14, 2009

busy week!

This has been a busy week already. Granny Sue is coming home... TOMORROW! She isn't feeling too good though...she is really weak. The hospital bed, etc is coming today and we have made a ramp, put up a new shower head that we can wash her with and hand rails for her to help us a little. I cannot wait to go and see her. The last time I saw her was one Thursday night we went to Cane Creek to visit and it was disastrous. Eli was scared of Granny in the hospital bed. He threw his head back and cried the whole 3 hours we were there. I was completely exhausted by the time we left. This week I am registering Anna Claire for Kindergarten. We have finally decided to register her with Huntingdon Primary instead of home education. I am a little disappointed but she is very excited about Kindergarten and I am too... a minuscule amount. I am just sick, leterally, to think about her leaving me. She is my best friend! Anyway, we had a great Sunday at church. We didn't have Sunday school and I cannot stand to miss that... I begged them to still have it. LOL We came home for a short while then headed to Joyce and Daniel's for some celebration with WONDERFUL cooking by Joyce. She cooks soooooo good! last night I cooked some potatoes for eli and smashed them with no milk or butter, etc (the good stuff) and he ate and ate and ate those potatoes. He was in Heaven. He is such an eater. The other night I steamed broccoli and before I salted it I broke it up for him a (very soft) and he ate until he was almost sick! He loves REAL food.. I just am really picky about what I let him eat off the table.
I just realized last night that anna claire's birthday party is June 13 on a saturday night and eli's birthday party is the next weekend.. then 4th of july party.! I love summer and cannot wait for our 4th celebration this year. Last year we still had our party here and Eli was like 3 weeks old I believe. I was inside most of the time and it was so hot outside. I am sad as I stop and think just how little Eli was last year and that he will probably be walking this year. WE HOPE! LOL
Sorry to ramble... I want you all that are reading this to stop and say a prayer for my favorite little St Jude patient Ben Sherman. Ben is a triplet that is from Jonesboro, arkansas. We met him and his siblings and mother at the RMH when we went last September. He was the cutest little thing ever and his mother was such a sweetheart and an inspiration. Her and her husband have the triplets and a daughter who is 18 months older than the boys. Brooks, Matt and Ben are te triplets and Betsey is the daughter. I will add the link to his site. Please stop by maybe and leave a note in his guestbook.. he loves to sit and read all of them. His website is so much fun! He always is asking his readers to ... "name the most embarassing memory you have". etc. bless his heart! Just pray for him and his family. He ha lost so many friends at the hospital and he is doing well with his leukemia I believe. thanks! www.caringbridge.org/visit/bensherman

0 comments: