
Our Computer came down with a virus and has been in the shop all week...I so missed blogging! As many of you know.. Mary Kate Rushing passed away a few days ago... I can't say I have taken it easy. She was such a sweet child. I know she is in a better place but it hurts to see her family in such agony without her. I have seen so many children pass that I have kept up with on Caringbridge. Eli Bear went for his 9 month check up Tuesday. I carried him along with Anna Claire and Ezra! They are FINALLY getting easier to carry places. Eli sits in his umbrella stroller instead of having to have the reclined seat in the double stroller so that is a lot easier!!!!!!! If a child has to go potty I just simply put Eli back in the umbrella stroller and find a huge handicap stall and we are all set!!!!!!!!! I must say girls are easier to keep clean. Anna has known from a small age how picky I am about germy restrooms. EVERY time we enter a restroom she says "I know, I know..don't touch ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!! LOL Ezra on the other hand can't keep his grimey paws away from the toilet seat! EWWWWWWWW!!!! Anyway, back on topic here. Eli weighed 21 lbs 14 oz. he was heavier than 75% of babies his age. (better than Anna' s 98%!!) He was 28 3/4 in length (75%) and his head was larger than 95%!!!!! lol I knew that one from trying to get shirts on over his head! bless his little heart! When Eli was born he had a "stork bite" or flamed nevi on the lumbar area along his backbone. I took him for his 3 day check post birth and Dr. Maley informed me that he would watch this spot because in rare cases any mark along the child's backbone could mean an underlying neurological problem. I had no worries. Eli is still not pulling up and just learned to sit up this week. He still has to have pillows around him because he falls over after awhile. I never thought one thing about it because all my children have done the same. They are big babies and have trouble doing these things. Dr. maley told me to NOT WORRY that he would have never thought a thing about it but because of the spot he wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. He is sending us to Vanderbilt to see Dr. Anthony Kilroy on May 28. That was the earliest appointment. They will call us if there is a cancellation. There are no pediatric neurologists at Jackson. It was either Lebonher or Vanderbilt. Dr. Maley did say Eli's muscle tone wasn't great. Please say lots of prayer that this is nothing. I have a gut feeling that it is nothing (mom's know these things!!!!!!) but I am so blessed to have a thorough doctor that would make sure nothing is wrong. Dr. maley is awesome!!!!!! He said they would do some muscle tests and maybe take some blood and then if he passed that was the end..if not they could do the imaging at Jackson and they would have to sedate him. :( I am blaming this all on me. I am not big on walkers and exersaucers because I just think they are better off on a palate exploring and building chest and arm muscles in the process of having a ball. Eli loves to be on the floor.. I have always put him either in his swing, high chair or palate. His legs aren't getting the proper exercise so tomorrow I am getting him an exersaucer and putting him through intense exercise! LOL He goes back April 28 to Dr. maley's to see how much stronger he is getting! I will keep you posted on this matter. Thank you for all your prayers!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Well Well Well...
Posted by ~Allie~ at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment