Friday, March 13, 2009

Ezra's talk about Heaven...


Ezra was standing in a chair in the kitchen with me and it is rare that he gets to be all alone with me. Anna was off playing and the baby was asleep. I decided to let him help me cook some lunch so we pulled him up a chair so he could see. Ezra said "Mommy, I will love you forever...even when I have to leave". I said "Ezra, what makes you think you have to leave me?" and he said "One day I have to go to Heaven". I said "Ezra, do you know that I will be there with you?.. I will never leave you.. and we will all go.. Daddy, Anna, me, you and Eli..but we can hopefully wait until we all get really big" . Ezra said "mommy (with this quizzical look on face) you ARE big.. really big" and I said "Well, I mean really really old" and then he said "yeah, and we will all be angels". I said '"yes Ezra...we will be." By then I wanted to be done with the conversation and not let him worry.. so I held out my arms and wanted to take him to the living room and I said "OK, come on". and Ezra had these HUGE eyes and said "Now? Mommy, I like it here for now.. I am not ready to go to Heaven right now". I laughed until I cried.

1 comments:

Tomarie said...

Vanna (Delusions of Grandeur) told me about your blog and I'm so glad she did! What a funny and SWEET post!! :-) Laura